Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear bucket seats?

I'm trying to get a coupe from a friend, and I've always wanted to do a rear bucket job in a car. ^.^ Maybe this time I'll actually be able to accomplish it.

That would pretty cool, just watch the how high the rear buckets sit (As you don't want your head in the roof of the car) :lol:

Make sure you take some pictures when you start :)

Interesting idea but the problem is that most buckets are going to be too tall for the rear. The floor where the rear seat mounts is about 5-6 inchs up from the floor where the front seats mount. Therefore trying to put seats of similar size back there would hard. Also...most buckets are too deep...as in front to back length. To do it you would have to find some smallish buckets that are low cut. Maybe something out of an MG B or something of that size? If you do do it though post some pics.

Just one question...why lol?

I dunno, always thought it'd look cool and, look at it this way, how many cars do you see that are that unique? Least of all an old Subaru lol.

Also, I'm not sure, but I'd think with a little work, you could make the seats from a newer_generation mercury cougar with rear buckets and make those fit if the fronts from a loyale are too disproportionate.