Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy just came up with a P0105 and 0106 code. This is supposedly a MAP problem [manifold air pressure]. I've searched here and on the internet, and looked at the engine. There are no hoses loose and I can't see anything that looks like a MAP.

Does the '95 really have a MAP? I really can't sensel any drivablilty issues. Can anyone shed light on this?

I thought the OBD II codes were 1996 and up?

Q. Where is the map sensor on 1995 subaru legacy l wagon?

A. The Map sensor, (Subaru simply calls it a "pressure sensor") is located on the passenger side on the strut tower facing the Air cleaner.(US cars).

The part itself has a 3 wire connector, and a single vacuum hose coming out of it.

The part is about 1 1/2 inches wide and utilizes 2 mounting bolt holes.

Take note that only "one" of these holes is used for mounting.

No picture though!

Here is a photo of the sensor:

92569.jpg

Edited by Mike104

subaru went OBD2 a year early, 95, at least in the legacy line in the US. there is some debate about the impreza line and a recent thread to prove it.

and regarding MAP vs MAF, the 96 lego is maf, and i "ASSUME" 95 lego is as well, but i don't really know. i have both and never noticed a difference, but i never really looked for it either.

Edited by johnceggleston

Thanks for the help and picture. I found it! It's a lot smaller than I though that it would be. The '95 is OBD2 complient and it has both a MAF and a MAD. I have no idea why it would have both.

Now if I can figure out why the code has come up, I'll be set. The contacts are clean and the tubing seems to be in place OK. I'll reset the code and if it comes up again, I'll go to the junk yard and swap it out.

Thanks again.

95 should have both MAF and MAP. The MAP is a tiny little thing on the front of the passenger strut tower. Has a solenoid right next to it. I know Mike said he already found it but for those who don't know...

P0105 Pressure sensor circuit malfunction. Check the wires for splits/ breaks in the insulation. Make sure the connector is clean inside.

Make sure the sensor is receiving more than 4.5V at pin 3 on the sensor connector. (ignition on)