Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, many don't know that I was hit from behind in January of 2009. After a nine-month "battle" I was deemed to have suffered 8% permanent invalidity from the whiplash. A year on, and many bills from physio/chiropraktor/massage...plus re-habilitating training in the gym 2-3 times every week, I am feeling better, but I still have bad days when my neck/shoulder hurts. Affecting my concentration. My neck also makes a host of squeaking/creaking noises it never made before. I am in my thirties by the way.

Most of my monetary compensation has been given it's own bank account to ensure that I can afford medical bills in the future. However, some of it had to be spent wisely, right now. On new, better shaped seats, that fit and support my 6"5/185lbs frame.

They also happen to look cool:

Fitted.jpg

Seatbacks.jpg

Shame I had to suffer bodily harm to afford them.

They were not cheap, but they really are comfortable and I intend to keep them and use in my next Subaru...if I ever buy a new one :)

Well, many don't know that I was hit from behind in January of 2009. After a nine-month "battle" I was deemed to have suffered 8% permanent invalidity from the whiplash. A year on, and many bills from physio/chiropraktor/massage...plus re-habilitating training in the gym 2-3 times every week, I am feeling better, but I still have bad days when my neck/shoulder hurts. Affecting my concentration. My neck also makes a host of squeaking/creaking noises it never made before. I am in my thirties by the way.

Most of my monetary compensation has been given it's own bank account to ensure that I can afford medical bills in the future. However, some of it had to be spent wisely, right now. On new, better shaped seats, that fit and support my 6"5/185lbs frame.

Shame I had to suffer bodily harm to afford them.

They were not cheap, but they really are comfortable and I intend to keep them and use in my next Subaru...if I ever buy a new one :)

Sucks that happened...

But you spent wisely :D

Fitted.jpg

:slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

Thanks for the comments and the sympathies :)

Rverdoold! They cost 1000 Euro per seat :eek: Plus the 300 Euro for the adapter. Per side.

I will say this, my hat is off to Recaro. They delivered in the time they promised. Everything just bolted in, no need to make last minute mods.

Sure at the price, it ought to be like that, but my previous experience with a maker like Sparco is somewhat different. 3 month delays, adapters that don't fit....

The accident was comparatively low speed, but I had no idead I was about to be hit, and my brakes were off, so the full acceleration of the impact went into my body. The bumper was crumpled and the boot/trunk plating at the spare wheel was deformed. I am sure that if I had had my foot on the brake, the C-pillars would have been buckled....but I would have been better off.

It makes you paranoid....can't stop the car without looking the mirror. And tailgaters make me really nervous.

Thanks for the quotation but it would going to be near the value i paid for the car.

This morning again idiots who think they can drive 0.5 meter behind you. Strange enough in holland it is 80% a BMW, and the other 20% can be divided over VW golf, audi's and Seat somehow VAG group attracts young idiots in cars.

BMW is diagnosis

aye...but consider that you can take the seats with you :banana:

Durania...be my guest:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/Rear_ring-sticker.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/front34.jpg

WARNING! : Hidden commercial

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/BossGloss.jpg

And here, tearing around a race track :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/Padborg.jpg