Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Transmission swaps questions

OK so i am in the middle/over the hump of swapping a 5 speed into my 99 obw limited dual moon roof. The trans is out of a 99 gt. To make things more complicated i am putting my auto into the GT ( The lady who I am selling it to can't drive a stick). I pulled the dashes etc. and swapped the whole wiring harnesses adding what was missing to the 5 speed ( heated seats, windshield deicer). I installed the finished auto harness into the GT and started plugging everything up. All good until I get to the front wheel sensors and the plugs are different :( My questions are: 1. Can i just change the plugs 2. will the GT's abs module work with the auto wiring harness, computer etc? 3. Is there anything else im missing?

Just so no one asks: I also switched the ignitions, added the wiring to the gt for the light, shift lock and neutral safety switch (wiring pulled from a 96 legacy) and swapped the airbag ecu's.

I replaced the knuckle on my wife's 2000 Legacy and with a used unit (cheap wheel bearing solution). The wheel speed sensor plugs on the new/used unit were different so I just chopped them and soldered on the plug from the old unit. Worked just fine. Just remember to use some shrink tubing on the soldering to protect it from corrosion.

The wires are the same on both cars: pink and light blue/white on one side that connects to white and black and black and white that connects to white and black( the black wire connects to the white wire and vice versa ...weird)

My solution is was to make adapter plugs. The difference in plugs seem to be between legacys and outbacks not manual and auto. So I took both sides of the plug from an outback and a legacy and splice a legacy mail end to outback female and viola.... the adapter. This is a temp fix just to see what is compatible. I'll release the pins from the plugs and switch for the final fix or switch sensors. we'll see.