Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight recommendations please

mkoch

sylvania makes one called a silverstar.....aside from an upgrade conversion , that is about the only choice.

they do significantly improve vision, but are still below the par that is today's standard.

look around, search a little bit. we all have had issues with night vision in these cars.

if i remember correctly, jeszek put in some HID's .....cheers, brian

I used something similar on my car. Keep searching ebay using the lamp numbers you will find better pricing (H4651 H4656 etc). Try "AutoPal".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/165mm-H4651-H4656-H1-H4-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-SET_W0QQitemZ330403004113QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ced8dbed1

I will warn you though without upgrades to the wiring/switch you wont be seeing a huge increase in output at all. You might even see a decrease. I have no experiance with the quad-light setup, but Im sure your car uses the same lame negative side switch setup. I rewired mine w/relays and the difference is huge.

Just read the link I posted... Sorry the particular set I sent you are for euro-cars, not DOT approved. But the seller has DOT aprvd units in their store. If these are to serve as the brights only it prolly wont matter if they are DOT or not but if they are the hi/lo's then it will.