Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aligning windshield nozzles and keeping them that way

This is for an XT6 but I imagine most soobs are similar?

The nozzles for the windshield squirters seem difficult to align and stay that way. Never worried about it much before but with all the coal mining and trucks around here in the mountains the roads are unbelievably dirty and it's almost a necessity to have them working well.

each one seems different. I too use a pin to align them and I've had some stay put and others that need a readjust a couple of times a year (in fact I was just noticing this on the Outback)

I had thought of maybe squirting a little crazy glue in between the ball and socket to see if that would help it stick, but I never did decided that I didn't want to glue the hole shut and a readjust every several months was not that much of a pain.

This could very well be a part that hasn't changed in design in the last 30 years, perhaps you could buy new ones from the dealer (they can't be expensive) and they would work?

Will-

The nozzles for the windshield squirters seem difficult to align and stay that way. Never worried about it much before but with all the coal mining and trucks around here in the mountains the roads are unbelievably dirty and it's almost a necessity to have them working well.

actually gary, the xt6 design is the only subaru ive ever seen with a setup like that... and it does suck. most other subies have them on the hood. actually every other subaru that i can think of, or have owned have them on the hood now that i think about it.

Sounds like a new conversion to be documented. How 'bout retro fitting a squirt system incorporated into the wiper blades.....as some suv's use on the rear windows.