Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Standard LL Bean Features -2002

Hi all,

In my quest to rejoin the Subaru world, I have come across an 02 LL Bean with 97k for under 8k. I have not gone to see it yet, but I may go buy it tomorrow (I know that sounds a bit impulsive...). Anyway, it appears from the photos to be a very well kept one owner vehicle. Is it safe to assume that it has all the heated seats, heated mirrors, etc? What should I expect to find/not find (Edmunds shows it with the MacIntosh stereo). Anything to look out for? Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks

Badjer

ok... I kept looking and found a 2001 H6 3.0 VDC with 166k. It is a 1000 less..... any thoughts on how these 2 compare?? thanks!

Edited by badjer
added ps

Hi all,

In my quest to rejoin the Subaru world, I have come across an 02 LL Bean with 97k for under 8k. I have not gone to see it yet, but I may go buy it tomorrow (I know that sounds a bit impulsive...). Anyway, it appears from the photos to be a very well kept one owner vehicle. Is it safe to assume that it has all the heated seats, heated mirrors, etc? What should I expect to find/not find (Edmunds shows it with the MacIntosh stereo). Anything to look out for? Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks

Badjer

www.cars101.com

Yep - McIntosh is only available in H6 version was my understanding.

I'd prefer the H6 VDC version over anything else. The H6 is a better motor in my opinion. But if gas mileage is a concern the H6 probably isn't your choice. And you can't get a manual trans in an H6 (without converting anyway!).

EJ25 has more issues than the H6. changing the H6 oil is important, being the only Subaru engine with a timing change it's best done frequently and done right as it'll be less forgiving than any other Subaru engine probably if not well maintained.

For me heated seats are a novelty, take it or leave it. My tolerance for discomfort is really high (that's why I also own XT6's :lol:) so a cold car hardly registers on the radar for me. If I'm cold then it's real bad and I just want a warm car - which these warm up real quick.

Ok, the cars101 was pretty helpful in clearing things up. thanks! I guess I need to decide which counts most.. cooler stereo, less miles, or 1000 bucks! I do know the LL Bean was in a fender bender 2 yrs ago... not sure about the VDC. How would you decide? thanks!

badjer

I'm in the market for a 2004 VDC wagon myself. Although they initially retailed for more than the LLB (because of the significantly better stereo and the advanced electronics in the stability control) in today's used car market, 6 years later, there is little or no difference in price between a VDC and an LLB.

I have an 01 LLB and the stock stereo with six speakers ain't too shabby, but I installed the factory Subaru subwoofer too (just plugs into harness and mounts under the passenger seat). Rocks just fine!

The H6 is THE motor of choice.

Quiet, powerful, no timing belts, no headgasket ills. In my 25K+ miles> 21 mpg combined and 24 fwy.

Cold climate also has heated windshield for wipers.

Not to bump the thread, but I wanted to give a thanks to all for their input! I am the proud new owner of an 02 LL bean Baru... it came with all the goodies.. subwoofer, window heater, etc, along with the not so goodies like wind noise from the mirrors! ;) I am happy with the price.. it was under 8k and has under 100k miles so I am looking for a long life ahead. Thanks again all!

Badjer

ps... If anyone has a tan cargo cover they don't need..... I will listen :)