Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Summer Project comin up

I really need to finish the paint job on my '88 GL10 this up coming summer or when the weather decides to improve a bit...Been looking around at different threads dealing with different paint jobs...Haven't really found any clear answer to my question...which paint brand is best suggested...need something that will last for a few years and looks good...Driver side fender is from another vehicle a sedan...have same passenger side fender in garage (need to get that one put on)...Both are in okay condition a little beat up..just need some fixin up and that is about it...Car looks a bit dirty it was...until I took it to car wash now its shiny like :D

So I really need some advice on the paint brand and some good steps on how to make it really nice, also to insure that it will last longer and look nice for a few years...

SANY0014.jpg

Edited by Christred

That DS fender came of an '86 Sedan I bought, for parts, from Miles Fox. Wishing now, I had kept a few more of the exterior pieces.

Most of us have seen Fox's paint schemes on his TrashWagons. This Sedan was one of his TrashSedans.

Christopher really likes the looks of the paint scheme on the fenders. He's a U of M fan, and it's also his schools colors. So,,, he wants to do the whole Wagon to match.

Fox has said he'll be over this way sometime this month. Hoping he has some free time to stop by and give Son some painting tips, in-person.

I'm more worried about getting it running better.... I'll leave the "looks" of it to Son....

Do think Son needs to help with some paint application to the building in the background 1st though. :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by TomRhere