Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift question

logang1k

1990 loyale wagon spfi offroad only. Should I torque the rear lift bolts at full droop or with weight on them? There is a little play in the brackets so I didnt know which is best. I know "search" but where are all of the lift instructions and why are the pictures always gone? I could use some help here and there installing my boss 6" lift and pics would be nice. What do I do with the fuel pump? It seems kinda exposed now.

As I'm sure you now know, there isn't much help for this online. Lifts vary too much in brand, type, size, etc. Contact Bill for specific questions. I'd load up the car with 1000+ lbs...just to see you do all that work. :rolleyes:

Seriously, just get the bolts tight. No torque wrench really needed. As for the fuel pump, why are you even messing with that?

~E

Bill's 6" lift kit lowers the fuel pump 3" so it is kinda in harms way. Bill says to move it into the cab behind the drivers seat on the floor (I'm not running any rear seats) to keep it out of the mud. Is that gonna be hard?

Bill's 6" lift kit lowers the fuel pump 3" so it is kinda in harms way. Bill says to move it into the cab behind the drivers seat on the floor (I'm not running any rear seats) to keep it out of the mud. Is that gonna be hard?

It wont lower it 3" from stock, if you cut a piece of 1/8" steel and bolt it to one of the bolts that attaches the front part of the front block on the rear subframe to the body, not to the long bolt that goes to the subframe. Then it stays right up in its stock location. But, for what you are doing, I would recomend mounting it inside. If it's a stock pump, it probably wont make much noticable noise.

-Bill