Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'82 GL 4WD Wagon... stomp lamp indicator light issue

when I use the left turn signal, the "stop Lamp" indicator flashes as well. as far as I can tell, all the lights are working fine....

thoughts?

Been in water any time recently? First thing I can think of is water is bridging some plugs somewhere in the car..

Have you installed a trailer hookup recently? When I did mine I got one connection wrong and it did the same thing. I just had to rewire one of the lights… Just a thought.

There should be two seperate wires, one for the brake and one for the turn signal, but I am sure you knew that, so I would check one side, and then compare it to another and see what's different. That's where I would start. Again, I am sure you have thought of this, I am just thinking out loud...

Or if "someone else" put a trailer hitch on it it could be rubbing through and needing a fix. Better a warning light now than blown fuses when it rains! Mine was a disaster till I found it, holes in like five spots! I hate uhaul.