Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Early-bird Friday PDX to WCSS Thread

Since I see the other threads popping up I figured I would make one. At this time I am only posting it on the USMB (not Nabisco :rolleyes:). Times at this point are approximate and open for discussion in here.

Meet Friday morning at around 6AM in Troutdale at I-84 exit 17, Meet at McDonalds see google streetview for detail. Its just after Arbys and the now closed up former western store

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=45.545733,-122.397641&spn=0,0.006856&z=17&layer=c&cbll=45.544322,-122.398686&panoid=c2BXtD6_l6f-POXd9O1n2g&cbp=12,164.85,,0,5

Address to McDonalds:

1002 Northwest Frontage Road

Troutdale, OR 97060-9534

Get Directions

(503) 665-9455

We are planning to go West on I-84 North on 97, West on 82, briefly west on 90, More north on 97, East on 2 to the show (assuming the wildfires don't change our location or date)

Speeds will be kept reasonable, likely no more than 5 over the limit (thats why this isnt posted on NASIOC:rolleyes:)

We will probably make a gas stop somewhere around Yakima or Ellensburg (whichever is cheaper) then if needed get some last minute supplies either near the show, or in Levenworth or Wenatchee if needed. This can be discussed later if needed.

Who is in?? We should be there early to get good camping spots near when the gates are opening (I myself am going to the Canadian end, if you are early and want the quiet end, this is your chance to get a nice quiet spot)

In so far:

- Flowmastered87GL

- 92_rugby_subie

- Scoobyclimbs

- Cmiller

- MrGlegacy ?

- Sinbin and guest

- Pooparu??

- NV Zeno meeting in Toppenish at "Dads"

Edited by Flowmastered87GL

FYI Flying J is now Loves zzz

I am cool with merging... you trying to arrive around 1PM ish?

I am ok taking 97 in and will just come back via 12 if it means a bigger caravan :banana:

If we wanted an empty place to meet there is an old western type store that now empty (next to mcdonalds before loves and TA and stuff) that we could take over the parking lot to meet up.

FYI Flying J is now Loves zzz

I am cool with merging... you trying to arrive around 1PM ish?

I am ok taking 97 in and will just come back via 12 if it means a bigger caravan :banana:

If we wanted an empty place to meet there is an old western type store that now empty (next to mcdonalds before loves and TA and stuff) that we could take over the parking lot to meet up.

Sounds great... need a bridle for my bareback EJ'd GL ...:grin:

call me 503-314-7535

6:00 am??? You're getting soft in your old age Mike. Didn't you me and GD leave for WCSS6 at like 4:00 am?

Yes, but I think it was WCSS 5 :-\

The lame parking lot one in oak harbor. Had to get there early because it was just a car show and no camping fun :drunk:

If you need a ride from Idaho brad, post a thread for it... I bet a local to you would let you ride along, especially if you chip in afew bucks for gas money! (I assume you mean thumb up as trying to hitchhike to the show)

If you need a ride from Idaho brad, post a thread for it... I bet a local to you would let you ride along, especially if you chip in afew bucks for gas money! (I assume you mean thumb up as trying to hitchhike to the show)

Yeah my girlfriend would kill me if I just chose to leave her behind (she has a job, I don't, haha) but yeah thumbs up for subaru love too haha WHOOP WHOOP, I don't think there is to many Idahoians on here, I have tried to find some fellow ea82'rs and nothing so far......besides that 1 dude with like 4 rxs and some other sick parts,but he never called back (I was gunna look for disc brake swap, maybe some new rims) but anywhooo, HAVE FUN, REPRESENT USMB YO! DON'T FORGET SOUVENIRS FOR YOUR FRIENDS haha

-Nomad

The biggest "maybe" in the history of mankind.

I might get in on this.

I have nowhere near the $$$ to go. But I was told I could (I think I only got an OK cause she knows I can't afford it....).

Lots of things happened this summer (good bad whatever) that sucked up the cash, so I gave up on WCSS this year.

If I skip a car payment on the daily driver I can go. :lol:

You can ride along with me if you like, but you gotta have your own tent :-p

Aww come on! I don't smell too bad........ I promise, no spooning. :lol:

No, if I can make it, it's with my Soob or nothing. I wont camp without it. It's become the central part of my camp spots. Almost more important to have it than a sleeping bag or tent. :rolleyes:

There was a family reunion with my Fiancee's family down in AZ the WCSS weekend. It was a camping trip. I said if we don't take the Soob I'm not going.

Thought she'd kill me but she understood. :eek:

She ended up not getting the time off for it anyway. So my pickyness became a non issue.

Thanks for the offer though. :) (and I would have brought my own tent)

I noticed tonight that the old western store with the anatomically correct horse in the parking lot in Troutdale is all closed off. I know it was mentioned as a meeting spot.

Can't use it now.

Just a heads up. :)

Good to know... Hmmm just meet next door at McDonalds?? Then we have a bathroom and breakfast if needed. Input from the rest of the convoy??