Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was Subaru the 1st

I ask this mostly because until my brother in law bought a stealth back in the 90's I'd never seen it. But was subaru the first to come out with vehicle that had cruise control on M/T, and even if not can anyone tell me what the first year of the sub having it was?

I've got it on both of my 89's ones a gl and ones a dl. So far the 82 is the earliest I've heard of, just didn't know if anyone knew if another manufacturer, like cadillac or some other high end vehicle came out with it before subaru. Or could it be one of many of subarus claims to fame LOL

Very informative, I'd never have thought that it had been around since 1910, and that the 58 Imperial was the first modern car. Definately beat subaru by a few decades.

The only thing the article doesn't cover, is when it was first applied to manual transmissions, I figured someone probably had done for automatics prior to the 80's, but manuals still has me wondering.

Cool article though