Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR 3 Door Coupe GL EA82 Build Thread

Scott in Bellingham

The temp is going to be low without a resistor, but it's wired up to the better of the two temp senders. At least on my rig, you should start to be concerned at 1/2, and it's HG time at 3/4...tested with an infrared thermo.

cool I can live with that, now for the oil p. iits pagged out when you turn the key on, what to do there?

Scott, Your a hoot! That rig is awesome! I would love to know more about the toyota rear. Happy Turkey Day!

Oh, if the gauge drops, you have no oil. I wired mine into the engine bay I don't know where your is but if you disconnect the wire it slams to zero. Kinda nice to know what it does.

Edited by Yo'J

Oh' date=' if the gauge drops, you have no oil. [/quote']

Backwards.

With the EA gauge hooked to the EJ idiot light sender, this is what you get:

Pegged gauge = Oil light on. Normal during startup. Bad if it pegs while driving. Think "idiot light ON"

Drops to zero w/ engine running = Good oil pressure, Oil light off, should drop to zero within moments of startup.

This is how both my EJ swapped rigs are wired......as long as the Gauge sits at zero, then you know that the "idiot light" is off.....like it would be in an EJ car.

For Temp:

Wire in a 270 ohm resitor parralel to the sender.

Take the wire for the sender, strip a section of it, attach resistor, and ground the other end of the resistor.

This should correct the temp scale so that it reads in the range of the gauge.

Well I stand corrected. I don't have mine hooked up right now but I went through the trouble to test it with the motor off, so that must be why I thought that.. Thanks! My swapped brat still has a few issues before its a runner and I want to change a few things and add the much needed skid plates for the front and for the fuel pump area that I put a surge tank in. I did take it around the block today though.:) Brakes and an alignment, new heated seats and stereo!