Ultimate Subaru Message Board

well my 94 legacy has been having a major problem.

its become way hard to start and sometimes it wont start at all.

sometimes when its running it will run fine but usually it does a lot of sputtering and stuff.

while sputtering if i let it idle it will die instantly. so i have to keep giving it gas and it seems like it lags when it revs.

kinda stumped on this one. gas is ok as far as i know since its been doing this and ive had different gas in it.

everything looks normal.

the only clue i have is that i get this really wierd smell when it start getting the power loss. smells kind of like antifreeze really.

but i dont believe i have a HG issue. possible since the HG was done a few hundred miles ago but i dont believe so since my oil looks ok (except its gotten dirty really really fast since i did work on the engine and put new oil in it and all that).

i havent noticed any loss in fluid in my radiator.

the exhaust is a light blue color. subaru for ya.

so im kind of stumped. i might start it up and drive 5-10 miles with it behaving fine or i can start it up and it runs like hell from the get go.

ive had this car for 2 years and ive had nothing but one problem after another. just need it to keep running for the moment but when i take it to the crusher i definitely wont be sorry to see this subie go.