Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what is the max wheel size? plz help. thnx

hey i have a 1994 subaru impreza, and im trying to figure out what the max rim size, tire size, or how much it has to be offset, i just got some 17 inch rims and i didnt think they where going to fit because they where so wide but i didnt even get far enough to check because although they wher 5 lig like my subie has they where a larger size 5 lug, and even though they wher universal they still didnt fit on either sets of holes, so i was a little bummed and now im just going to buy new rims but i want to know what the max would be first so i dont buy somthing that doesnt fit and have to send it back, its been one thing after another with this subaru, i just had to put a new clutch in and it was a pain, never the less i still like my subaru and want to put money into modding it, can anyone help plz? thank you :)

Well before buying wheels you should check the number of lugs and spacing and center bore diameter to make sure they fit the soob. That soob is 5 lugs, 100mm spacing. I forget what the hub bore size is. The offset on soobs is generally around +48 to +55mm. The limiting factor on tire size for soobs seems to be the lower strut spring seats (unless you go to Outback struts). If the wheel center bore size is larger than the soob hub, which most aftermarket wheels will be, centering rings can be a plus.

holy crap i thought i had long non-punctuated posts.

typical subaru offsets on the 5x100 rims runs from 48mm to like 55mm and standard of about 5.5 to 6 width in inches.

universal rims are garbage and you would be wise to stay away from them at all costs.

Get the proper lug pattern and proper hub pattern.

Edited by bheinen74