Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could be a cam position sensor problem.

I don't know jack about where the ignition control module would be in that car. Or if it's even similar to what we see here in the US. It might just be built into the ECM.

7133-1.jpgThis is the igniter module that we're most familiar with. I guess you could poke around under the hood looking for something of that nature. Its only about 50mm x 50mm.

If it's showing a code for the crank sensor, and you mentioned that you changed motors. The first thing I would do is make sure that your crank pulleys are the same. I'm talking about the teeth that stick out from the pulley for the cranks sensor to read from. Not the teeth the timing belt ride on. If you changed cranks sensors and still have that code, I would check that first.

Has anyone thought of the Ignition fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel???

I pulled one out by accident when changing my old stereo, forgot to put it back in and searched everything for about 6 hours until I realised. Handy thing to know about, good way to make your car a little more secure if you're leaving it somewhere for a while.

Will crank, but never start.

Has anyone thought of the Ignition fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel???

The OP asked about a fuse in a previous thread. Not sure if he/she ever checked it though.

Not the cam sensor, as that has to do with injector timing. Car will still run with a bad cam sensor, however crank sensor goes bad the car will not start.

It MIGHT still run, FSM says it might not though.

AM: DTC P0340

— CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT

MALFUNCTION —

DTC DETECTING CONDITION:

Immediately at fault recognition

TROUBLE SYMPTOM:

Engine stalls.

Failure of engine to start

AN: DTC P0341

— CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT

RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM —

DTC DETECTING CONDITION: