Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need EA71 parts please HELP

I'll check back later or tomorrow but no time right now. I should be able to help you out if somebody else doesn't step up.

I do have a carb I was going to rebuild last winter/this winter :rolleyes: and also can offer a carb rebuild kit. And I have a full engine gasket/seal set too. You can find those on eBay fairly often and for what I'm going to ask anyways. :)

Carbs also show up ,one was just on recently.

Gotta fly ,check back soon.

Paul

You mean the Y-pipe up front , right? I've got one with the pipe-to-head flanges turned 90 deg. if you're interested. Would be a bear to ship but could be done for probably under $40. I'd like to get $150 for the pipe since its getting super hard to find and still has plenty of life left in it.

With the flanges turned you get to use the holes that were never used previously so that's a plus. But the inner studs are dang close to the engine mounts and need to be carefully inserted ,possibly with the engine slightly lifted. Or maybe need to keep the mounts loose untill the Y-pipe is on. The stud itself will clear , but the nut hits the mount with the engine seated inplace. I was just about to go thru all that when I decided to stick with my original pipe and just Helicoil the old holes. This pipe also has the "stove pipe" on the passenger side which your carb warmer tubing goes onto.

"ctsuba" might have a 1600 Y-pipe to offer as well. He's also in CT :)

You should be able to ship the Y-pipe easily through UPS. I had one shipped to me for only $17.00. All you need to do is wrap up the ends with some cardboard and tape. They will ship it just like that

You mean the Y-pipe up front , right? I've got one with the pipe-to-head flanges turned 90 deg. if you're interested. Would be a bear to ship but could be done for probably under $40. I'd like to get $150 for the pipe since its getting super hard to find and still has plenty of life left in it.

With the flanges turned you get to use the holes that were never used previously so that's a plus. But the inner studs are dang close to the engine mounts and need to be carefully inserted ,possibly with the engine slightly lifted. Or maybe need to keep the mounts loose untill the Y-pipe is on. The stud itself will clear , but the nut hits the mount with the engine seated inplace. I was just about to go thru all that when I decided to stick with my original pipe and just Helicoil the old holes. This pipe also has the "stove pipe" on the passenger side which your carb warmer tubing goes onto.

"ctsuba" might have a 1600 Y-pipe to offer as well. He's also in CT :)

You should be able to ship the Y-pipe easily through UPS. I had one shipped to me for only $17.00. All you need to do is wrap up the ends with some cardboard and tape. They will ship it just like that

Nothing new to me .... but the $17 sure is !!! :) Across the country for $17 ?