Ultimate Subaru Message Board

stock chevy wheel on a loyale?

I have a 1990 loyale that is strictly offroad with emphasis on mud that I had bill redrill to 6 lug. My dad gave me a set of 1999 16" alloys that I am trying to fit on my car for playing during the winter months (tractor tires aren't much fun for spinning in the snow i bet) and the hub hole is smaller on the Chevy wheel by a pretty large margin. Before I got into really looking at it I thought I would just take a die grinder with a rotary file and grind away but I don't think that'll work. It's awesome that they are free and awesome that they have good tires on them but is this even worth the trouble to have a machine shop enlarge the hole? I was thinking since it has conical lug nuts I could space the wheels out past the hub but then I get into longer wheel studs and clearance issues because the Chevy wheels already stick out further then the 14" Nissan truck wheels that are on it now.

it's not uncommon to machine the center wholes on stock chevy wheels to fit on toyotas. and I know stock toyota wheels will clear subarus. So I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a local machine shop that could do it for fairly cheap.

otherwise....yea.....grind off the centering tabs on the hubs.