Ultimate Subaru Message Board

79 dl wagon ea71, what radiators will fit?

So i need a raidiator.. pretty sure it's the last thing i havent replaced.. lol

Anyway, it's kinda tough finding one from the local autoparts store, found one but it's 180, and these real old subarus are impossible to find in junkyards.

The big question i have is.. Are there any other radiators that will bolt in, always looking for a cheap option.

I did see some oe replacement ones on ebay, but ther are around 140, cheaper.. but i just got a new weber and this car keeps me broke

On a side note.. i have this neon with a dead engine..it has a good radiator, but it's the modern res tank type.. looks similar as far as in / out hoses, and size.. but it has alot more components.. anyway.. if i strip all that out of the neon and fab it into my subaru, could i use it? more detail on that later, if it's possible..

Thanks as always for the help!

Which "Marion" are you in? North Carolina?

I can sell one to you for $70 plus around $25 shipping. Already have an extra and just today I went to look at a parts car with a very nice rad. in it.

Never heard of anyone using another make but that's not entirely impossible , just going to be some sort of effort involved.

try radiatorbarn.com, really cheap sometimes.

as for retrofitting the neon....or any other radiator, sure tear it up. radiators are fairly simple devices, the differences are all fitment so if you can get it to fit then you're golden.

use hoses as adapters - if the outlet is too small, a small hose cut to fit just over the outlet tube will allow a larger hose to slide over it.