Ultimate Subaru Message Board

flashing power mode light indicates a code is stored, meaning for a code something has failed.

could be a switch, could be a solenoid.

SVX has problematic transmission from the get go, they all do, not a single one escaped a trans problem.

- it can be fixed.

prepare for some shock about the price to fix.....BIG TIME SHOCK

16 flashes = Duty C Sol error. Either your tail shaft solenoid is failing, or its stuck open. Is your AWD functioning properly or is the differential locking up on tight turns? either way, the back of your transmission needs to be torn into.

And to bheinen74 about you saying this " SVX has problematic transmission from the get go, they all do, not a single one escaped a trans problem." Saying all SVX's had trans problems is just being ignornant. 95% of the 1992's had trans issues, about 50% of the 93's and 20% of the 94's had trans issues. They fixed/upgraded the transmission as soon as the problems came up. And a lot of the the trans ran for a LONG time with out any issues. my 92 has 179k miles on it and I JUST pulled out the factory 4EAT 2 nights ago because just the high side clutches/pump died.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/ is a great resource for SVX's, thats where I've been spending most of my time since their knowledge base is formed directly around the SVX.

16 flashes = Duty C Sol error. [...]

The 16 flashes just indicate there's an electrically-related trans problem, and that one or more codes are stored in the TCU. While a C duty solenoid fault might be common, it isn't the only possibility, and reading the code(s) is the way to find out.