Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So...what IS the new OutBAck really!? Reskinned Tribecca?

Hi ALL!

I like the new Outback, has nothing to do with the old one, except the name. My brother has one, very different from his old Outback, try SUV now. As I took a ride in it...I was wondering...what is it really??! IS it just a reskinned Tribecca? I suspect that the Tri just doesn't sell that well, I'm in New England, Subee country, haven't seen that many of them?

Just wondering!

Ted

Outback 4 banger to 6 banger depending on what type you want

Tribeca 6 banger

Outback actual gas mileage with a 4 banger CVT 26-29

Tribeca 21-22

The Tribeca has extra seats that pop up to seat 7 total.

My impression after owning both is that the Outback is configured better to hold more cargo with the seats down compared to the Tribeca.

Outback has higher clearance

Outback selling like hotcakes

Tribeca selling like typewriters

Edited by Subarupusher
Used car salesman speak for 6 cylinder engine (V6) and got corrected on this board

Outback V4 to V6 depending on what type you want

Tribeca V6

Outback actual gas mileage with V4 CVT 26-29

Tribeca 21-22

My impression after owning both is that the Outback is configured better to hold more cargo with the seats down compared to the Tribeca.

V what? this is a Subaru were talking about. H

Is the Tribeca really an SVX wagon? seems like the 3rd evolution of the alcyone from an engineering standpoint (engine and driveline)

Holy Cow! ... More info Needed!

I Tought that the Subaru Amadeus was the SVX Wagon, See the Post Nº 227 of This Thread for Pictures:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=648229&highlight=amadeus#post648229

Here the Forester Looks just like a Rebagged Tribeca, I Saw a Local Tribeca Parked Side by Side with a Local Forester (By Local I Mean the Latin American Specs) at the Dealer, and Both Looked the Same Outside, the Main Differences were the interior and Engines Options: Forester also comes Diesel Here. :brow:

Kind Regards.

Outback V4 to V6 depending on what type you want

Tribeca V6

Outback actual gas mileage with V4 CVT 26-29

Tribeca 21-22

Sacrilege! V?!?! C'mon, you're better than that!

And my take on the platforms:

Impreza is "self"

Forester is lifted Impreza

Legacy is "self"

Outback is lifted Legacy

Tribeca is enlarged and lifted Legacy for 7-passenger seating

Sorry...I was around a lot of ignorant sales people this week when we were narrowing our choice down to a new Forester!!!!! V4 and V6 got thrown out a lot to describe the engine. I corrected by previous post to use the "technical" description.

My wife has the same opinion about the Forester, Outback, and Tribeca being hard to tell apart from the outside. It would have helped if the Tribeca kept its original snout and rounded back.

Sorry...I was around a lot of ignorant sales people this week when we were narrowing our choice down to a new Forester!!!!! V4 and V6 got thrown out a lot to describe the engine. I corrected by previous post to use the "technical" description.

My wife has the same opinion about the Forester, Outback, and Tribeca being hard to tell apart from the outside. It would have helped if the Tribeca kept its original snout and rounded back.

If those sales people were from a Subaru dealer, they need to be fired ASAP.

Hmmmm, yes they do look similar from outside but there is a way to differentiate them.

Outback has a slightly more round profile than the Tribeca, headlights are more rounded, and has pretty much the same horizontal taillights as the Legacy wagon, which we don't get :( The grille is a bit rounded on the Outback.

Forester is the smallest bunch, it has more vertical taillights than the Outback and Tribeca, and has a small grill design with "teeth" in them.

Tribeca is the biggest of the bunch, has horizontal taillights that sort of stick out, is the boxiest one, and has the biggest grill, with a much more squarish design than the Outback.