Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 axle eater

'82 Gl Daily

I bought a brat about 4months ago allready lifted ( 3inch) with a set of 14'' pugs. The only problem is that it eats the passenger side inner doj axle boot then axle faster than I can deal with does any one have any advice on what might be causing it or how to keep it from going bad?

I've put three axles in and cleaned and rebooted one in the 4 to 5 months I've had it. Thanks in advance for any help.

it is the exhaust ypipe /catalytic converter high heat burning it up.

if you have an old license plate, you can use it to make a heat shield between the exhaust and the axle.

-or it is the lift they installed was not proper... Does it have crossmember lift blocks? It HAS to have crossmember lift blocks on a ea81. -thats a must

I made a heat shroud for the exhuast and it didn't seem to make a differance. But the camber in the front does seem to be toed in a bit. I'm not sure about the crossmember but I think it does have blocks. The guy who I bought it from said the lift was built by superior subaru in seattle so I would think that the lift was done correctly but who knows.

So it turns out that the place that was supposed to order motor mounts for me found out they couldnt get them but never called me to tell me that so now a week later im on the search for motor mounts again. Any one have any motor mounts they want to sell? That would fit an 85 brat with an ea81.