Ultimate Subaru Message Board

loyale rear lift

bratclay

I lifted the rear of my girls loyale today. I havnt put the new tires and wheels on yet. But the problem is the back tire is so close to the front of the wheel well and I havnt even install the bigger tires and wheels. I know people with 2" lift running 26's and 27's. The tires im puttin on are 205/75/14, bout 25.5". Can I rotate the rear bar a little to push the wheel back some?

Here is some pics of the lift. Its actually bout 3" in the back

5370300537_49dde150c1_m.jpg

5370428061_1d9da6517b_m.jpg

5371801298_5ddc73dd95_m.jpg

5371673092_f03b4d09e7_m.jpg

5368676825_ec484092b1_m.jpg

Edited by bratclay

Sawzall or hammer. The bigger you make those brackets, the worse that clearance gets. That's the problem with lifting this trailing arm style suspension.

You don't need to drop the rear differential. All the ones I've seen without a dropped rear diff seem to hold up just fine. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I had 5" extensions on my '88, and with only 1" drop on the diff, I blew up 2 rear axles in about a half a day worth of wheeling. swapped to a 2" diff drop and 4" extensions, and never had a problem again. So there definitely is a limit.

Only way to re-center the wheel is to lower the whole suspension crossmember. Which is not a good idea if you actually plan on wheeling it, as it'll make a major hangup point and weak link.

Good news is, due to the trailing arm being where it is, the tire will never get any closer to the body in front of the tire. So if it's not touching now, it won't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...