Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift pics

91 subaru

Well I got the front lifted two inches. I changed wheels to a chevy steel wheel the others were to wide. I havent got the lift in the back. I'll get that done tonight. Just thought I'd show a few pics. Thats a 235 75 15 on there. I had to cut some of the front of the fenders and some of the back of the fenders. May need to bash a little more.

im not gonna be doing anything like you guys do with your subarus. Mine will see at the most just some slick spots. Im just gonna use it for a fishing buggy. Two inches will be plenty with what i need. In the pics the back of the car isnt lifted. The front has full turning radius no rub. Im not going trail riding with it so i think it will do just fine. I see what you are all saying and i appriciate the advice. The most the car will see is farm access roads and maybe some muddy fields but thats about it.

cut them for what? Im not goin on any off road trails. Ill be in slick spots at the most. I think a two inch lifts is perfect for the rust bucket. If i were to go do some serious off roadin id put a smaller tire on but since ill be on muddy road/ fields i think it will do just fine.

is there enough room between the rear door and the front of the back tire to stick a 30. there is only so much to cut before your inside the car.

As the strut compresses it moves away from the the front near the door as the trailing arm pushes it back.

Jeff

it's all rusted in the fender, why not trim it? Even if you aren't taking if off road you might still run into a situation where you get high compression on one or more of the wheels from a hard turn, and you don't want your wheels to lock then. Just trim that rust off. New fender wells are easily made from semi-tractor sized mud flaps and cable ties

it's all rusted in the fender, why not trim it? Even if you aren't taking if off road you might still run into a situation where you get high compression on one or more of the wheels from a hard turn, and you don't want your wheels to lock then. Just trim that rust off. New fender wells are easily made from semi-tractor sized mud flaps and cable ties

i was hopin the rust would fall out. just kiddin. it shot craps on me today anyway. we got a foot of snow(still snowin) today and i got a flat then the car wouldnt start. the battery is dead and the valve stem is leaking. its too cold to do anything right now. I was able to drive through the snow with only three good tires with no problem before the battery died. here are a few pics of the snow. the pic with the of the house the brick ledge is about 3 foot tall. thats drifted onto the house so far. im gonna have fun after work.:brow: