Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Adding EGR port to non EGR head

How hard would it be to add an EGR tube port to a non EGR head? I would want it to be done right, I cannot stand even minor exhaust leaks near the engine. I do have access to a bridgeport mill. Any advice? I'm currently looking for the proper head (phase 1 EJ22 with dual exhaust ports and EGR port), this would be my fall back plan.

its easy.... the hole is already cast into the head. just needs opened up and tapped. I have all the specs at my shop if you want them. If you do a search you might find them too( ive posted them up a couple times)

Yeah, send them my way. If anything I could send the head to work with my dad, he's a machinist with 47 years experience so I bet he could handle it.

yeah those EGR ports really are simple, they're just tapped into the exhaust stream. they're not really all that precise and the metal tubing that threads into it has plenty of flex. it just needs to see the exhaust stream. i'd just do it at home with a drill and be done with it, it's aluminum and there's nothing remotely complicated about it.