Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just picked her up for $400!

Poor thing got really dirty being towed home, but I've since given her a nice wash.

Here she is! :slobber::cool::headbang::clap::burnout:

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

All it needs is an engine! The ej25 was overheated to the point of seizure TWICE! And still somehow starts up and runs. But is very blown. If I start it with the rad cap off, it blows exhaust out at a terrifying rate. But I have an ej22 sitting in my garage. Slap on a TB and WP and it should be good to go!!

Nice score! When I first saw the price I thought I was going to see some back feild mud mongrel with a very short life expectancy, but that looks decent. I plan to do the same thing to my 99 GT when the motor eventually cooks itself. Enjoy it, looks like you have the right kind of weather conditions like I do!

Looks really nice for $400. It is a Limited, so it has the leather interior. I have same in a 98 OBW, those seats are so comfortable. They do require some cleaning and conditioning to keep from cracking.

Dropping in a 2.2 is a good choice. When replacing the TB, suggest you replace the tensioner pully as well. You don't want the old one to sieze up on you.

Looks really nice for $400. It is a Limited, so it has the leather interior. I have same in a 98 OBW, those seats are so comfortable. They do require some cleaning and conditioning to keep from cracking.

Dropping in a 2.2 is a good choice. When replacing the TB, suggest you replace the tensioner pully as well. You don't want the old one to sieze up on you.

The seats are nice! no cracks or anything, and wicked comfortable.

What do you suggest for conditioning the leather?

Good call on the tensioner. It's a 97 2.2, so failing TB would be bad :dead:

Thanks for the compliments!!

I think I used a product from Mothers, but anything made to clean and condition leather would be good. I think even shoe stores sell products for preserving leather. If I remember, shoe stores have leather conditioners that are made for specific leather colors, and of course any auto parts store will have something available.

I think I used a product from Mothers, but anything made to clean and condition leather would be good. I think even shoe stores sell products for preserving leather. If I remember, shoe stores have leather conditioners that are made for specific leather colors, and of course any auto parts store will have something available.

Thanks. This is a really nice car, and I want to take care of it the way it deserves.

Picked up a set of summer wheels, $50!!

wheelz.jpg

Nice find! Body looks straight. Hopefully the rust bunnies haven't chewed on it too bad.

Only one teeeny little spot on a rear quarter :|

I'll quench that, and that's it! Needs a new front left quarter panel, but that's easy. I have one lined up as soon as the car melts out of the polar snow cap.

• 3 weeks later...
Really digging this car. Awesome job with the swap.

Thanks man!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Last week the ej22 blew a head gasket. Not bad, but bubblies in the overflow bottle :dead:

I understand not why the precious ej22 that never blow head gaskets blew both head gaskets. But that's what happened. I had the engine out late one night, HGs done the next morning, and back in later that day. That sucked. But it's all worth it now.