Ultimate Subaru Message Board

one more time please weber carb for 87 brat

You guys were sooo right!! I waisted time and money to rebuild my hitatchi carb. Now I am ready to oreder the weber kit. My 87 brat has EA81 so I think the right kit is the K 730. I thought there was an old post with instructions for the swap. Any help really appreciated.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/2107/10002/-1

Or search Trans Dapt 969-2107

I used one of these on an ea82. It is a nicer quality adapter than the one that comes in the redline kit. It is somewhat tall and with the tall K&N filter it would rub the hood on the car, with a low profile filter this would be solved (after I lifted the car this was a non-issue). I do not know if the Hitachi pattern is the same between the ea82 Hitachi and the one on your brat, maybe someone can chime in and confirm/deny this. Also, there is no throttle linkage included here, I modified a Loyale bracket to do the job. Finally, this adapter is made for a Datsun, not a Subaru. I did have to massage the bolt holes ever so slightly to get it to fit properly, but it was easily accomplished and successfully installed with no problems. I also believe the design of this adapter better blocks off the little water passage that is below the hitachi (again, on the ea82's, I'm not super familiar with that ea81 setup).

Hope this helps someone!

• 4 months later...
http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/2107/10002/-1

Or search Trans Dapt 969-2107

I used one of these on an ea82. It is a nicer quality adapter than the one that comes in the redline kit. It is somewhat tall and with the tall K&N filter it would rub the hood on the car, with a low profile filter this would be solved (after I lifted the car this was a non-issue). I do not know if the Hitachi pattern is the same between the ea82 Hitachi and the one on your brat, maybe someone can chime in and confirm/deny this. Also, there is no throttle linkage included here, I modified a Loyale bracket to do the job. Finally, this adapter is made for a Datsun, not a Subaru. I did have to massage the bolt holes ever so slightly to get it to fit properly, but it was easily accomplished and successfully installed with no problems. I also believe the design of this adapter better blocks off the little water passage that is below the hitachi (again, on the ea82's, I'm not super familiar with that ea81 setup).

Hope this helps someone!

I just used this adapter and it kicks rump roast. It is big enough to provide enough pressure over the water crossover (with a little RTV) for no leaks.