Ultimate Subaru Message Board

making a lift

Metal, drill, saw, welder. That, or 500 bucks

Miles fox, do you know of a member or anyone else that builds these lifts? I know Bill isn't planning on building anymore for a long time if ever with his new baby coming. The reason I ask is because you said 500 bucks which lead me to think you knew where to get one for 500 bucks.....thx

My advice on this is to.....

Jack the car up and put it on jackstands. Make sure it's good and sturdy! (all for corners)

Roll around under there with a light, tape measure, pen/pad, and your best thinking cap!

It may be necessary to pull a tire off the front, rear, or both to see what may need to be done at the struts/shocks.

Keep in mind depending on your goals it may be necessary to build linkages/extensions for your shifter and steering.

Lift building is NOT rock science (or rocket science either :rolleyes:). Really if a person has some common sense, and a little mechanical inclination coupled with minor fabrication abilities, a lift for a subie can be built.

Where there's a wheel there's way!

Spencer

You may just have to invent something.Keep in mind that if you make a lift, space everything the same distance from the body, and maintain a 15 deg angle on the front struts for proper suspension geometry, Once lifted, the suspension will retain the smae geometry if everything is spaced equally from teh body.

Please do some searching on lift kits ans the idea is simple, and can be executed with some ingenuity.

The purpose of a lift is to fit larger tires without cutting up fenders and wheel arches, as the overall ground clearance is attained by the wheels themseves.