Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85' 4wd wagon

AK_Kev_007

If you don't already know I do use this car to deliver tacos. So a lift would not be in my best intrest until I get a diilfferent car.

I dunno about you, but if my tacos showed up in the middle of a blizzard in a lifted subaru I'd say ************ YEA!!!

You'd get all my taco business, that's for sure!

I dunno about you, but if my tacos showed up in the middle of a blizzard in a lifted subaru I'd say ************ YEA!!!

You'd get all my taco business, that's for sure!

I'd probably start buying tacos on a daily basis... :grin:

If your car has much rust as I think it does (I spent the first 20 years of my life in Alaska) then I would just take it to Sand Lake and jump it a few times, then use it for parts on a better body.

I owned a '82 Wagon as my 2nd car in Anchorage and the cancer was so bad the seat was falling threw the body. And I owned a '87 with cancer so bad the front strut was being held to the frame by only 1 of 3 bolts. This was 10 years ago so I can only imagine what the poor EA81 & EA82's look like now up there.

However, if you find a good EA81 or EA82 that's been garage kept, it would be worth it to buy a lift & tires... will make the 8 months of winter 250% more fun!

The only real bad rust spots I have is a football(soccer in some countrys) sized hole in the driver foot board. The driver seat is being held by 2.5 bolts so with the recline all the way up I still do the gangster lean. And both of the rear quarter panels where the jack and other junk went had to be seal off with foam. My sub frame is in good shape and she runs like a champ. 80 mph down Minnesota Highway all day long. I did however find an 87' wagon for $250 but I gotta wait for the cash to get it, rent sucks!

I take it you don't have state inspection in Alaska?

Not really. There is an emisions test in select cities/towns. My IM test is good until Jan 2013. Hopfully the IM testing will be done and over with by the end of this year. Atleast for Anchorage.