Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale steering column removal ?

Hey y'all I need a bit of help. Trying to swap the pedal cluster in Fizgig (93 Loyale). I've read all the posts I can find on the subject and it seems that you pull the column to make it easier. Well it's almost out but these 2 bolts have stopped me. The 2 on either side of the blue tape. Should these be removed or left in place? Also does the plug just below the column accept the clutch cable? Does anyone know if the clutch cable and speedo cable that came with the XT pedal bucket are gonna work in the Loyale?

Thanks a bunch

Jim

IMG_0073.jpg

And I gotta add that aint none of this easy if you are 6'6" and 300lb yowza it tight in there.

Edited by bigjimd

hi, do not do anything to those bolts at the lower end of the column, the end you have pictured extends through the bulkhead gromet as is. anything holding it is the steering link , or above what the picture shows.

the clutch cable may be different length, the pedal box on sedan/wagon is different from xt , not sure how much different.