Ultimate Subaru Message Board

40mph drift on gravel -gravel+grass+tree=

Well, I finally pushed my Brat drifting limits past the edge. We went out to my friends place yesterday for a baby shower. The woman folk did their thing and the men folk did theirs. When I got there, my buddy had his stump-jumper Ranger out and was 'making' new trails on the property. They're backed up to thousands of acres of forest and the old service roads can be accessed from his yard. He finished the 'trail' and then the PS pump locked up and so he brought the truck back out. I said let's take the Brat in and tool around. Of course, they all chuckled and said I'd never get back to the road without hitting a tree. Knowing the capabilities of the little beast, I took it right through without touching a single tree. Got onto the 'main' road (much to their surprise) and said "Let's go!" They were scared to ride in the back so one road with me and the other two grabbed his quad. There are a number of hairy switch back turns on the road. They took the lead on the quad and I followed. We got to the top of one particular lookout with an awesome 360 degree view where we could see Rainier and downtown Seattle. The guy riding with me was all up on everyone about my drifting, so they wanted to see it on the way back down and followed me. Needless to say, the last hairpin did me in. Came into the corner, started the drift (too fast) and went from the road to the grass, sideways to the edge and off of a tree. The left rear corner did not fair well at all. If anyone has a parts Brat with a good left rear quarter, I need the section from the back of the wheel well, back to the end where the gate is and top to bottom. Got the cash and don't want to try and 'patch' this. Pictures of the carnage to follow....

post-4529-136027648365_thumb.jpg

post-4529-136027648373_thumb.jpg

post-4529-136027648379_thumb.jpg