Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone know a good carb shop

I Need to get my Weber rebuilt. Its sputtering up big hills and when the secondaries open. And takes forever to warm up. I have had this Carb on For 7 years with no maintance. Any leads will help.

Happy mudding .

I Need to get my Weber rebuilt. Its sputtering up big hills and when the secondaries open. And takes forever to warm up. I have had this Carb on For 7 years with no maintance. Any leads will help.

Happy mudding .

I'm not totally sure if he'd be up for it or how much he'd charge, but you could ship it to GeneralDisorder in PDX. edrach (among others in WA) may know of a place that's closer to you.

Jacob

Cool thanks I hope they can do it. The Carb shop I called said 500 bucks. I can buy a new one for that price

You can buy a new one for less then that. We have a great shop here. I will get the number tomorrow for ya.

That being said...weber's are not that hard to re-build. I bet if you have any form of mechanical know how you could DIY.

• 1 month later...

Just about any parts house can order the edelman (or their house-rebranded equivelent) rebuild kits for the Hitachi's. No one will stock them - have to wait a day or two. I think I have one laying around though if you wanted it quicker. Either way they are about $40 to $50 locally and about $30 or so online. If I have one I'll let it go for $40.

For the Weber - Discount Import Parts has them in stock. Several varietys from both Redline and EMPI as well as power valve kits, jets, air filters, etc. Much easier to get repair and tuning parts for them.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder