Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help identify factory L Series rear coils

I am looking for an idea of what L Series non wagons got rear coil springs with a yellow paint dab on them.

I know wagons got a combination of two colours on the sets in orange, green or pink (faded red?) These wagon springs are too pumped for my needs. They are rated at about 200 lb wheres the rest of the factory choices were about 160, and 180 lb for the three doors

I suspect the L Series RX or FWD sedans, XT4 or 3 door RX' got them.

All these springs are factory, black with ID paint dabs on top few coils and often visible with a quick look.

Someone, Fujifan on ausubaru.com has spotted yellow and orange dabs on a FWD L Sedan mpfi.

Has anyone in Oz got a spare pair?

Info wanted from anywhere in the www :)

thanks

Howdy,

What year is your Legacy L FWD? I have owned a 1991 Legacy L (since new) and can check during the daylight as it is now 21:21 here in California and it is one of the vehicles that I do not have in the garage.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Don Cordier

?? Legacy ? 1991? That would be EJ powered Subaru wouldn't it? We called them Liberty and are the generation after the L Series 1985 to 1994? with the EA82 engines. Thanks for trying.

BTW, what do you call your Subarus made between 1985 and 1989, the square lines ones with EA82 engines? I thought you all called them L Series

Jono

what do you call your Subarus made between 1985 and 1989, the square lines ones with EA82 engines? I thought you all called them L Series

Probably Leone, Loyale or L series from what I've been reading around the traps.

I thought you got an answer over at ausubi, or are you looking for the actual parts to ship over to Oz?

Good to see you've ventured over here too!

Cheers

Bennie

• 10 months later...

ah, ventured back in here a bit late. Yes Bennie, see my join date :)

Ever so helpful in translation , thanks Mark. I had been a bit confused when someone simply referred to a model as EA81 :)

Results of my search was factory RX EA82T L series got these yellow daubed rear coils and have been suitable to fit into the rear of 4WD XT4/6 after air bags removed.

there also refered by there there cc's and liter in the older one's ea71=1600cc=1.6liter, ea81=1800cc=1.8liter, ea82 a little confusing because its about the same as the ea81 ea82=1800cc=1.8liter the difference is the ea82's are bigger than the ea81 so they get a little more horse power and there designed different.

and we also have the ea82 gl, dl, gl-10 models same thing as the loyale but the loyale didn't come out untell about 1990 and it replaced the need to name the gl and dl models. the gl and dl's were made 1984-90 aproximently the gl-10 was made from 85 to 94?

Edited by turbosubarubrat