Ultimate Subaru Message Board

air cond. belt

can somebody please look on their ea81 engine that has air conditioning and post the number of the belt reguardless of the brand pleeeeaaassseeee so i can have somewhere to start as nobody around can make one available to order and the car didnt come with one. so much thanks and does anyone have a plastic clutch alignment tool to trade, rent, ect? they say there not made anymore outside of an expensive clutch kit...

He asked for a ea81 AC belt number. So I gave him a number.

From his first post the car came with AC, but it simply didnt have a belt.

As for a clutch alignment tool, you really dont need one. Eyeball it, but do not torque the pressure plate down all the way, then mate the motor to the trans, THEN tighten the pressure plate down through the starter hole.

He asked for a ea81 AC belt number. So I gave him a number.

From his first post the car came with AC, but it simply didnt have a belt.

Different years got different brands of compressors and mounting brackets - some were factoy installed while others were dealer installed - all of which can mean different belts. Your number is meaningless without knowing what type of AC system he has and what year it is.....

Wraping a bit of twine around the pulley's will easily tell you what belt you need. Then you can just go on McMaster's web catalog and reference the "A" spec number.

GD