Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bad plug color. check it out

danzick

the 02 sensor looks pretty new, and the MAF sensor looked great even before i cleaned it, and i used actual maf sensor cleaner. and i just bought a new Coolant temp sensor.

hi, looks don't count with parts, actual readings do , the temp sensor wires & the connections to it are usually the problem rather than the actual sensor. take readings on all the parts to see if they are actually doing what they should , check for stored codes in the ecm.

• 4 weeks later...

the car has 260xxx on it, but supposedly its got a rebuilt motor in it. it doesn't smoke at all, and at that many miles id assume it would smoke a little if it was an old motor. and it only uses about a quart per oil change. probably leaks just about all of that quart.

i plugged the vent in the intake tube, and put a crank case breather filter on where the valve covers breath so my intake isnt sucking anymore oil.

So basically an un-metered air leak. If the PCV system is setup right it shouldn't suck oil.

how is it an air leak? ive got a plug in the spot where it used to go into the intake tube, and this is a crank case vent. its for venting the oil system. i have 2 of these in my 454 big block chevy. and yes, there was oil all over in the intake tube. the MAF sensor had oil all over it until i cleaned it.

how is it an air leak? ive got a plug in the spot where it used to go into the intake tube, and this is a crank case vent. its for venting the oil system. i have 2 of these in my 454 big block chevy. and yes, there was oil all over in the intake tube. the MAF sensor had oil all over it until i cleaned it.

Because metered air is escaping the system. Air comes in, exhaust goes out. Now since air is getting out somewhere besides the exhaust, that's an air leak... just sayin'

Your chevy is prolly tuned to run like that. Different animal.