Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, I tried searching about this but didn't see much. I just replaced the brakes on my dads 91 legacy last night. Pads and rotors. Now when you step on the brake pedal it makes a grinding noise, but only when you're on the brakes. I don't think the caliper is stuck because the grinding stops when you let off, and I lubed the caliper up pretty good where it slides.

Yeah, I got it figured out. I took a quick brake last night and my dad finished up the job, well he put one of the pad in backwards so the metal side of the pad was rubbing against the rotor. Luckily he didn't drive anywhere but down the driveway, or else id have to probably get a new rotor and pads.

Yeah, I got it figured out. I took a quick brake last night and my dad finished up the job, well he put one of the pad in backwards so the metal side of the pad was rubbing against the rotor. Luckily he didn't drive anywhere but down the driveway, or else id have to probably get a new rotor and pads.

Boy, that turned out to be a simple quick fix!