Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Appears to run fine but turbo not working?

Hi,

I have a 1992 subaru legacy running a td05 turbo setup.

For the last week I've noticed on the vehcile when you put your foot down the turbo doesn't feel to be kicking in at all or at the very least it's unoticable what it's doing. Further from this I've noticed the PSI on my boost gauge isn't getting up as high, where as before it was running up to 10 it now only gets to about 7.

The car seems to be running perfectly fine and I have no others issues except for what's stated above.

If anyone could offer any insight on the subject it would be much appreciated... Cheers!

Yeah I thought stock was 8 but it has been running at 10 up until this issue popped up. Everything is stock factory except for the fact i've upgraded the turbo. Also noticed my turbo timer is no longer turning on =\

So the mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with the turbo. I had a couple of blowen fuses, (for the intereior lights/turbo timer) which were replaced and when I got it back the car appeared to be back running perfectly fine again, (turbo was working). 2 days later and the same problems popped back up... Car feels like it's running fine and pressure looks good on the boost gauge, but you can't feel anything from the turbo...