Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 subaru turbo GL, EJ22 and 4" lift, plus 6lug swap build!

Prwa101

Xt6 clutch is on its way!

Finished this stuff the last week of class!

422716_3059782892578_1203579286_32402594_53484340_n.jpg?dl=1

Fixed my issue here, back to 2"

429038_3059785172635_1203579286_32402596_624441721_n.jpg?dl=1

Not bad my my first redrill, dermal killed it, so dermal bit and drill pretty worked perfect!

422831_3012429908783_1203579286_32382175_1132723749_n.jpg?dl=1

Got this is the mail a couple weeks ago! SJR great company!! Thanks agin!

423023_2982591842850_1203579286_32369761_1257656348_n.jpg?dl=1

Darn it's starting to come together!

Edited by Prwa101

• 2 weeks later...
Thats goIn to be sweet!

Whats your plans for the paint? I think snow camo would look good. Lol make it with oem subaru colors

Yeah I Se thinking the same thing! But I'll prolly leave it white for now untill it's finished and go from there. It's for sure going to be my little snow Yette! :)

my stock gl-10 could push quite alot of snow. i was ramming through 3ft deep snow drifts all winter, i even rescued a couple full size suv's. i cant imagine what it would be like with 4 inch lift and 235's and an ej... you've created a monster! lol

really interested to see how this turns out :popcorn:

i cant wait till i get my wag lifted :brow: even if its only 2"..

my stock gl-10 could push quite alot of snow. i was ramming through 3ft deep snow drifts all winter, i even rescued a couple full size suv's. i cant imagine what it would be like with 4 inch lift and 235's and an ej... you've created a monster! lol

really interested to see how this turns out :popcorn:

i cant wait till i get my wag lifted :brow: even if its only 2"..

I know man! I was plowing the same in my stock loyale! They eat snow like no other! I've never gotten stuck in a Subaru!

I had a pretty dumb moment last night thinking about thouse tires, for sole reason I was thinking 235/r15 was a 27" tire... I started looking at them and theyre not going to fit without fender cutting in the back, 235's are a 29" tire haha... Way bigger than I was thinking they were! :drunk: time to think about cutting haha. :D Yeah it's going to be a monster! Espeshily to be driving around in little Sandy Oregon! :banana:

Man I cant imagin how much fun it must be living in Alaska with all that snow! We don't get enough down here in Oregon, every one freeks out when there an inch in town and for my Forester it might as well be rain. Haha.

Have you thought about making you own lift? It's pretty easy if you have the tools. :) I only bought two parts the rear strut 4" and the diff drop plate. Which both were 50$

lol its fun. until you wake up with 5ft of snow to deal with... its interesting tunneling to your car. lole

cordova, one of our smaller towns got 21ft in 3 days/:lol:

im going to make my own but im only going 2" because my wags a 3at.. and i dont think it would even be drivable with anything bigger than 27s..plus 2" lift is pure ground clearance. the only reason people go bigger is for tires..

Dang! 21ft!! That would be awsome! Haha. :D even a couple

Feet would be awsome here dang I want to go to Alaska now with my Yettee Haha.

Makes Sence, yeah a 2" lift would be the best then with 27's :) There a couple threads on here that show pretty good infor on the 2" lifts :)

nice looking project. Reminds me, I have a 92 Loyale body sitting at the shop and a spare EJ22 sitting in another car. I have my adapter plate, I just need to come up with a way of either drilling a flywheel or buying one predrilled.

I like how you modified the rear diff hanger, I used square tubing between the mounting plate and the 4 bolt holes, pain in the rump roast to line everything up so I might try the method u used.

Good work!

Thanks man! Yeah sjr has a pretty nice diff drop goin on, I'm thinking of cnc ing some out my self. Dang I difnt even thinkin about using tube...

DOOOO IT! Get another on the road!

Haha. Redrill ing the flywheel is pretty easy, took me a couple hours :)

Well made a little progress today, hooked a little bit up, started looking at the radiator and it being a turbo the neck is pointed up making it a pain to set up a hose for it. So i pulled out the ej radiator started looking at it, the ej being 1" taller, I ended up pulling off the black supports on top and bottem and it fits pretty close. So I'm going to fab up a little thing for the bottem for the dowels to fit in the ea rad dowel holes. And prolly make something that looks good for the top to hold, better than zip ties haha.

:drunk:

Time for homework.........

Well I finnly got the ej Rad in and it fits pretty good. It'll work for now, prolly upgrade to a ea modded one later. But she'll keep cool for sure!

Looks like its time to hit the harness up, going to go back through and solder all the connection for the smj instead of but splices(they suck) harness time!

558759_3547469524439_1203579286_32547351_1796201481_n.jpg?dl=1

553529_3547467004376_1203579286_32547350_1171317661_n.jpg?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good, you are going to love having that motor under there! :brow: It will be hard to stay off the skinny pedal. Keep up the good work!

hey thanks man!! your build thread was my inspiration for this build! :banana:

haven't gotten anywhere school is almost over and im swamped with homework and my R160 locker project for class. :(

• 1 month later...

Okay! Finnly got the harness in, and getting it worked up! BUT! Not getting power to the fuel pump wire and can't figure it out. I think I messed up with the wirring on that... But is it possible to use the ea fuel pump relay, running the ej Ecu FP wire to the ea? I tryed it and it made it work! But will that mess SOMTHING up? If anyone knows let me know! I'm prolly going to have it all togeather tomarrow, and ready to start, maybe try it?

Thanks!

-Prwa

• 2 months later...

dude!! ive finnily finished the lift! got a ton of nice pix! made my front strut brackes last week and got them in!

still working on the harness issue havnt had much time with work and the family doing there roof...

pix coming soon! :headbang:

the rear was the first to be finished!! with a little massaging of the fender haha to fit the 235's :headbang:

582781_4033178466859_1869074173_n.jpg

My 4" strut bracked CNC'd from a buddy in Estacada, along with the 14' of 4" steel tube that i got from work :headbang:

320144_4028357746344_243842640_n.jpg

The front tore apart haha... had an issue with the ball joint thatll be fixed this weekend haha...

292989_4033175426783_1459969852_n.jpg

totally finished! 4" lift all around, the front needed not cutting of mashing the tires fit perfect! :headbang: along with the wheel redrill i did with my buddy a couple weeks ago :burnout:

553680_4033175026773_1257885360_n.jpg

even made a roof rack at work 4x2' fit something really nice, cooler, tires chainsaw, and anything else i could think of haha!!!

305274_4033177786842_1593708955_n.jpg

im getting pretty darn close, starting to itch to drive this beast! need to finish that darn harness!!! :clap: im happy with my lift.

Now for a better bumper haha..... :clap: drawing up an awsome one now!! maybe have them forsale?? if people like them?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i fixed the issue with the FPR, It turns out i fried the ecu! So shes ready to fire up!!! but was out of gas or it would have been done today :headbang: Lets see if she likes a gas can of the good SH*t :clap: Lest see if she fires up tomarrow!!!

Also i drew up a pretty sweet bumper the other day for it aswell!! Hopfully ill be starting on that at work this week!

-Prwa AAE