Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 lug rim options, how to get my tires bigger

Hey all, I've been reading through this forum for a while now, and have seen some very awesome mods. Right now I have 185/80/13's on my Brat, but I would like to go a bit bigger and wider. I know for 13s your pretty much sol, but are there any rims such as six lugs or later years that are 4 lugs and would fit without having to do any modifications. I have also seen some talk about some custom made adapters. Any tips would be appreciated on this.

Hey all, I've been reading through this forum for a while now, and have seen some very awesome mods. Right now I have 185/80/13's on my Brat, but I would like to go a bit bigger and wider. I know for 13s your pretty much sol, but are there any rims such as six lugs or later years that are 4 lugs and would fit without having to do any modifications. I have also seen some talk about some custom made adapters. Any tips would be appreciated on this.

You can hold out and try to find a set of Peugeot rims. On certain cars, they were 4x140mm, came in steel or alloy and 14"-15".

Redrilling 6-lug stuff is also a good option.

Key Words:

...4 lugs and would fit without having to do any modifications...

Peugeout (a.k.a: "Pug") made the 4X140 pattern Rims with almost Stock offset, available on 14" and 15" and I've seen a USMB member selling his Pug wheels on Craiglist these days:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2678594772.html

Thanks guys. Guess I'll hunt down some 6x140 and see about drilling them out, because finding those pugs here in the south is like finding another brat... Its getting harder and harder to keep my Subaru on the road ever since I moved down here to GA from SLC... It seems like no one likes/liked the subarus down here because they are pretty much non existent.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll hunt down some 6x140 and see about drilling them out, because finding those pugs here in the south is like finding another brat... Its getting harder and harder to keep my Subaru on the road ever since I moved down here to GA from SLC... It seems like no one likes/liked the subarus down here because they are pretty much non existent.

Sing it Brother, the subaru supply is drying up all over, high scrap prices and cash for clunkers are killing us

I converted my hubs to 6 lug, instead of modding the 6 lug wheels to fit a 4 lug hub. that way, if I ever need a wheel I can find one anywhere and bolt it up without having to redrill it first.

SJR offers this particular service as well.