Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Poll: what color to paint wheels?

so I have some outback wheels for my snow tires that I recently had sand blasted.

like these:

28195d1294971885-subaru-oem-wheels-fit-forester-outback.jpg

(not my picture)

charcoal grey (gloss)

White (gloss)

Black (matte)

Bronze (matte)

car is a 1991 Loyale wagon, dark red (color code 947) with a five lug swap.

what do you guys think?

thanks

Ben

Yeah, I'm normally not a fan of black wheels either, but they work well on that color Loyale. icon14.gif

tractor pole, I'm in the same boat about repainting my wheels. Darker red Legacy, can't decide what to do. I was leaning toward a gunmetal or a dark bronze...

I was thinking about white with body color lip on the wheel.

I wouldn't do that.... white with a red lip just makes wheels look like generic trailer wheels... :-\

Day-Glo Green!

You know, if these are for snow tires, that might not be a bad idea. It would help out a bit with the visibility. icon14.gif

I wouldn't do that.... white with a red lip just makes wheels look like generic trailer wheels... :-\

You know, if these are for snow tires, that might not be a bad idea. It would help out a bit with the visibility. icon14.gif

I'm considering rocking the Day Glo Green on my EA82 GL wagon.

The parts stores sell cans of Alloy wheel paint, theres a gunmetal color that I personally like and it usually looks great on a Red/Maroon car.

I have 2 cans of each, White, Bronze, and Gunmetal.

I think I am going with white for these with the snow tires (I might try the red lip on one wheel just to see how it looks, and bronze for my summer wheels (16" WRX wheels)

the day glo green or day glo orange would help be more visible in the snow, but to drive around for 4 months and only 2 or 3 days worth of snow seems silly.

the fluorescent wheel colors remind me of back when I had RC cars.

94829.JPG

thanks for participating

Ben

I have 2 cans of each, White, Bronze, and Gunmetal.

I think I am going with white for these with the snow tires (I might try the red lip on one wheel just to see how it looks, and bronze for my summer wheels (16" WRX wheels)

the day glo green or day glo orange would help be more visible in the snow, but to drive around for 4 months and only 2 or 3 days worth of snow seems silly.

the fluorescent wheel colors remind me of back when I had RC cars.

94829.JPG

thanks for participating

Ben

I'm okay with my little wagon looking like a toy or a clown car. You should see some of the other things I've driven! Here is a sample...80s Plymouth Colt that I ended up driving for three or four months after my truck at the time got wrecked.

34598_1542981497466_1322837232_31446119_5209682_n.jpg

34598_1542981457465_1322837232_31446118_18591_n.jpg

it Really Looks like Many Honduran Ricer Cars ... :) ...

A couple friends and painted it up like that as a joke one weekend while drinking beer, it was our field-racer. Then it was fitted for that trick hoodscoop (made from the hot air duct of an old dryer). Found the pairs of wheels at garage sales for extremely cheap, 17x7s in the back and 13x8 in the front. :D

• 3 weeks later...