Ultimate Subaru Message Board

serial car thief on loose in Van

You know, I've never tried the different keys in the 3 Subes we have...

If they're similar years, they might just work. I went to Les Schwab many years ago to get tires for my '82 GL wagon, and some poor schmuck who had just parked to go into Subway almost ended up in the bay getting new tires because my key turned on HIS soob... :P

And that car thief has taste.

Anyone remember the idiot that went on a high speed chase in Seattle a few years back and (sadly) wrecked the SVX he stole?

easier to go to dealer for test drive comparisons, but at least no damage is done, maybe just showing to people a club is the best protection, along with pulling the fuse for ignition, or pulling coil pack wire.

yeah remember the blue svx chase they could hardly get that tank of a car stopped.

Haha that's true, but dealers can apply that subtle pressure to buy. Maybe these 'test drives' let him be more impartial :D How effective is the immobilizer in newer vehicles doing at stopping car theft? I thought I had read they were usually just breaking into the home to find the keys near the door, or using tow trucks.

my gl, my 90 lego, and clay's 95 postal keys all start each other with a little finnagling. I will have to make a video of this. it's pretty awesome. :popcorn:

although the forester doesn't like to play our games with it's fat key... lame.

Edited by Ricearu

Here In holland the already rare sight of a Subaru. But in the street where I park there is a exact copy of my Impreza, checking the registration number shows it got registered only 4 days after mine. The VIN is nearly the same. I have never tried the keys yet though, neither I have met the other owner but we tend to park close to each other in the street just for fun. Two identical cars with nearly same license plate (Plates here are on the date of selling). If I can open it, it would be hard to start with the immobiliser I assume.