Ultimate Subaru Message Board

saggy front

blk99obs

How do you guys level out after the fozzy lift? I have 99 foz strut/spring assys on my 99 imp but I have about an inch or so more lift in the back. What kinda difference in lift is there between 1st and 2nd gen foz assemblies? I'm thinking I might try and grab 03 springs/struts for the front. Either that or I'll just buy some 1" strut blocks for the front and maybe 3/8" for the rear.

What would you guys do?

I'm looking at these in the 1" model for front, assuming they will fit... I'm not hip to the GF, GC, etc, lingo... used to drive me mad tho with honda lol, DC2, EF8, EG, etc... ugh.

http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/shop/subaru-impreza-gc8-hdpe-front-spacers-copy/

pix in my build thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126884&page=3

Thanks in adv for any advice!

Edited by blk99obs

Yea the pics I took don't show it too well, but in a flat parking lot you can tell for sure. One guy actually came up to me and asked me why it was only lifted in the rear lol... Anyway I guess I'll head to the junkyard and see about testing some 03 fronts.

Before using the spacers, measure from top of your strut mount nuts to the end of the studs to see how thick a spacer you could put in before having to put in different studs. I think they usually stick through about 1/2" extra but definitely not an entire inch. I used to have a pretty saggy front, but I started eating better and exercising and it has gotten much better in the last couple years.

Yea from what I read the max is 3/8" before you need longer studs, so if using spacers I had planned to pound out my old studs and put in new ones on the front and then run 3/8 in the rear...

but does anyone know the lift difference between 1st and 2nd gen foz assemblies?

Hm don't know for sure any differences in height. You probably already found this at least for part # reference. If no one has specifics, you could look up the KYB part #'s in their online catalog, then maybe e-mail them asking if they have any drawings you could look at. It's kind of a long shot but wouldn't take long to at least ask.

ok well put in the 03 ones, seemed to help a little, not much though and certainly not as much as I'd hoped... so I think its time for saggy front spacers, I'll probably roll with 3/8 and see how it is.

Edit: after some more rough measurements, seems like 3/8" is the ticket, will leave me with just a little bit of rear end rake... So paranoid 3/8" are ordered! Wish me luck!

Edited by blk99obs

You could have bought the materials to build those (hdpe cutting board ), used a basic hand drill and some hacksaw blades, and gotten out of it for under 50 bucks. A couple of drill bits,and some time.priceless

Ifn yur fansi i betz yus cudda dun et wif yur kanif:-p

Just sayin, :Flame:

cheers:drunk:

nice info, thanks. i have been having the same issue with my 95 legacy. i am going to try your fix to see if it works. so to keep it clear you used forester front springs and the 3/8 spacer?

I used 03 forester springs/shocks in front with 3/8 paranoid spacers, and 99 forester springs/shocks with 99 imp tophats in rear.

I am now level enough that I can't tell if I have rear end rake anymore or not... I'll have to check, if I do, its VERY little.