Ultimate Subaru Message Board

trouble with wheels!

I went with the 185/60R15 tires on the Peugeot rims, and they are real nice, don't seem to rub anywhere even if close on front fender lips (could be tucked)

brat1-1.jpg

brat2-1.jpg

HOLY $HIT MY CAR IS SMOOTH NOW FINALLY!

to 92mph GPS verified on '81 4-speed trans gearing, aww yeah

perfect size without gearing becoming noticeably taller

Edited by TajMan

i just picked up a set of 5 pug 14" steelies for $125.. id start lookin for those lol.

even though i'm from the motor city!!

pugs are impossible to find in michigan!!

just got word of a good snow coming in, so i said screw it and bought some 175/70/13 cooper weathermaster.

i'm gonna put the wheels on my backburner till spring

They were never imported to the US by Subaru on a car in anything but 13". There were a few sets sold as upgrades in the 70's. Should you find a set you would be about the 3rd person in the US that I know of to find a set. It is extremely unlikely.

You can (and should) get all this information from a simple forum search. Asking these redundant questions is tiresome.

GD

u and me are gointo have issues!!....im tired of your negativity. u dont like what i post, too bad. it only pleases me to have u waste your precious time typing negative responses, and now that i know, i will keep doing it just because. :drunk:

u and me are gointo have issues!!....im tired of your negativity. u dont like what i post, too bad. it only pleases me to have u waste your precious time typing negative responses, and now that i know, i will keep doing it just because. :drunk:

Being negative when it's the right answer is just part of life. I type and post very fast so it's no real effort or time wasted. But you're right - I'll take my significant Subaru experience and keep it to myself with respect to your questions and you can bumble around in the dark with both your eyes closed. I have PLENTY of people around here that value my input and experience. You won't be missed.

GD

i dont know G D very well. he kinda rubs people the wrong way at times,

i tend to rub people the wrong way at times also.

but gd ALSO has a well deserved reputation for going out of his way to

give people in need on here detailed information on all things subaru.

he has helped me a dozen times. with no benefit to himself.

im not trying to take sides. i barely know gd, never seen his face.

but just wanted to throw in my 2% of a dollar.

odds are, if you just tell him SHADDUP! and then get over it, you will

need some help with something or other a few weeks or months in the future,

and theres a very high probability that HE will be the guy who takes the time out of his day to help you, or at least aim you in the right direction.

we all bug each other on here. we are men <mostly>. we piss each other off.

it happens.

I hate to see someone bleed to death after shooting themselves in the

foot but the bleed out may be underway... :popcorn: the post count and

join date info is a subtle clue as to who's been giving up their precious

time over the years to many of us (me especially) soob noobs...

i prefer friendship over friction; it's the airhead way (http://www.airheads.org)

and hopefully everyone gets some rest and moves on..

cheers :drunk: - it's friday!

I hate to see someone bleed to death after shooting themselves in the

foot but the bleed out may be underway... :popcorn: the post count and

join date info is a subtle clue as to who's been giving up their precious

time over the years to many of us (me especially) soob noobs...

i prefer friendship over friction; it's the airhead way (http://www.airheads.org)

and hopefully everyone gets some rest and moves on..

cheers :drunk: - it's friday!

i have made my self clear in that any and all help i recieved is appreciated, negative criticism on the other hand rubs me the wrong way.

anyone can search through the posts, but do u know how long i takes to filter through till u find what ur lookin for. if i have a problem i create a post,, people answer, problem solved. but to make a fuss about something someone posted.....why reply? if my posts are that far outhere and irrelevant than dont reply! its not like im posting about the weather or FORDS. everything i have posted has stayed relevant to the website,forum area, etc..

GD i appreciate any advice you have, but if it bothers u that much to reply to my "redundant questions". THAN DONT ANSWER. its that simple.

if u dont have anything nice to say............ come on children

i have made my self clear in that any and all help i recieved is appreciated, negative criticism on the other hand rubs me the wrong way.

anyone can search through the posts, but do u know how long i takes to filter through till u find what ur lookin for. if i have a problem i create a post,, people answer, problem solved. but to make a fuss about something someone posted.....why reply? if my posts are that far outhere and irrelevant than dont reply! its not like im posting about the weather or FORDS. everything i have posted has stayed relevant to the website,forum area, etc..

GD i appreciate any advice you have, but if it bothers u that much to reply to my "redundant questions". THAN DONT ANSWER. its that simple.

if u dont have anything nice to say............ come on children

You know that adage about pooping where you eat?

am i wrong? and the food was just fine till GD pooped on it.

i mean this is a subaru forum,correct?

am i in the wrong place?

i don't try to encourage negativity, but when it comes my way, i have something to say.

making smart comments about answering redundant questions... well i am so sorrry for wasting your time... im over this, i joined this site to gain knowledge, not to create conflict. so im not checking back on this, i going to carry on, and forgive those who have critisized.. i wish everyone the best and long live subaru.

anyone can search through the posts, but do u know how long i takes to filter through till u find what ur lookin for. if i have a problem i create a post,, people answer, problem solved.

Yes, as a matter of fact we do. And when people ask the same question that has already been covered, it increases the search time for the NEXT guy.

If you don't feel the need to put forth enough effort to search and read, why should anybody else put forth the effort to help?

Dan

Being negative when it's the right answer is just part of life. I type and post very fast so it's no real effort or time wasted. But you're right - I'll take my significant Subaru experience and keep it to myself with respect to your questions and you can bumble around in the dark with both your eyes closed. I have PLENTY of people around here that value my input and experience. You won't be missed.

GD

Pretty much. If you do a search on this board (successfully this time i hope) you will find that GD has been around longer than most and contributes to the board. He goes out of his way for board members all the time (me included). If you want to start fights with established board members rather than sitting back and being civil...enjoy not getting too much help on here.

Pretty much. If you do a search on this board (successfully this time i hope) you will find that GD has been around longer than most and contributes to the board. He goes out of his way for board members all the time (me included). If you want to start fights with established board members rather than sitting back and being civil...enjoy not getting too much help on here.

you know, I got mad at GD once, I never aired it on here, sure glad I didn't, once I got over my little temper tantrum and realized that GD was right and I was wrong, I was embarrassed enough about it that I had to go to his house to apologize, what a humbling moment, I'm glad I got him as a friend and he's close by, he's saved my neck more than once.

...and so it goes on the usmb. I have been there and done that. just don't make an issue of it, and it's cool. if you went anywhere else (other forums) asking the same questions, it will most likely be the same folks from here.

Some folks are very opinionated, and really hate ea82's:brow:. Some wholly belove the ea82 and its 3 main bearings. In the end it is all banter, among those with common interests (subarus)

Unlike a newbie that can come and search and get all the answers, those that have been here had to figure it our all by themselves, collectively over the years, so that now the answers are there for the new guys finding these jewels of subarus that the oldscoolers have had inside out and backwards long before anyone knew about subarus.