Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally got myself an Impreza...

IMAG0111-1.jpg

IMAG0112-1.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

228535_me_gusta.jpg

Had to drive about 4 hours each way to get it, but considering I scored it for $1500 after selling my Loyale for $1800; the drive was worth it. Thanks to MeekyMoose for being my wingman.

Has a few glaring needs; cracked windshield, fog lights are non op (burned out probably) cruise doesn't work, HVAC lights are non op... and it stinks of petiole something fierce.

Drives and shifts just fine though. Gave it a good ol "Italian Tuneup", and after puking out some nastiness from the exhaust, it pulls nice and strong; idles smoother than any boxer I've ever seen.

Your fenderwell makes me sad.

Mine was pretty thrashed. Spent an entire day cleaning the interior from hippy smell, and buffing out the exterior. Came out looking pretty decent.

Febreze, ok? Has cleaned up some of the most vile smells that I've encountered. After 5 treatments, my car still smells like petiole oil and pot.:Flame::Flame:

Yeah I have that rust on both sides, and my gas tank only holds 7 or 8 gallons :(

However it runs great and drives pretty good too, for $400 plus a few hundred in parts I cant really complain too much.

I love love love Northwest cars. If the environuts have done one thing I agree with, it's making salting the roads illegal.

Febreze, ok? Has cleaned up some of the most vile smells that I've encountered. After 5 treatments, my car still smells like petiole oil and pot.:Flame::Flame:

Its Patchouli oil...and neither one of those smells are a bad thing :brow: So what are the plans for it...:popcorn: :popcorn:

fabreze auto. I buy it at wal-mart. It will even take out the "windows left down in the rain funk" that smells like sweaty feet. Love the stuff, leaves a fresh scent that is kinda manly, not like the foofy house fabreze. My wife even likes it in the car.:headbang:

Its Patchouli oil...and neither one of those smells are a bad thing :brow: So what are the plans for it...:popcorn: :popcorn:

Yes, yes they are. I'm allergic to hippies;)

I'll post up a few pictures later, but thus far I've put a set of the 2005 Limited WRX rims on, detailed the heck out of it, and gotten most everything in good working order. I still need to troubleshoot the cruise control and HVAC lighting, replace the front brake pads, and steam clean the interior.

Long term? Leaving it pretty stock as far as performance goes. Would like to put in a nice stereo, WRX interior, tint the windows, and some sort of short shifter.

I just got a sedan impreza not long ago, had a green door like yours on the car which is silver. Got lucky and found junk yard with a silver door. Couldn't help notice, the doors on my sedan look like they would fit your sport??? Anyone know if this is the case?

Nice. I'm super jealous.

If mine wasn't such a $400 car I'd consider some nicer wheels and maybe a frankenmotor and maybe a 5 speed swap...though I kinda dig the auto.

Let me know what's up with your cruise. Mine doesn't work either. Though my right rear ABS cable is cut and I have a CEL for rear o2 that could be causing an issue with cruise.

Apparently the cruise hasn't worked since the girl before me had it. The original owner put a new transmission in it, so who knows if all the doo dads were hooked up right. I'm going to check the basics; clutch and brake switches and cruise switches. If it's any deeper than that, I'll accept that it's non op.

Nice. I pulled the trans dipstick and popped off the fill plug from the rear diff, both are full and the fluid looks new. The p/s pump was nearly empty when I bought the car, so I figured the worst. I flushed it today, and nice translucent red atf came out lock to lock.

Looks like my thinking that the car used to be well cared for was correct.

My punchlist is whittling down:

Determine failing front axle (Makes no noise turning, but distinctly klunks on heavy acceleration while slipping the clutch.

Fix HVAC lights.

A/C non op (probably fuse, just discovered it 10 minutes ago)

Cruise non op (Probably need new brake switch)

Steam clean/extract interior.|

Such a score:headbang:

Yes, yes they are. I'm allergic to hippies;)

Long term? Leaving it pretty stock as far as performance goes. Would like to put in a nice stereo, WRX interior, tint the windows, and some sort of short shifter.

How you gonna be allergic to hippies and live in Grants Pass :-\

Any way a nice score none the less, I have been on the hunt for one of these for about 3 years, I have yet to still score mine...but I'm picky,

Most came in 5spd, I want Auto, Cruise, and A/C if it doesn't have those then I don't bother looking...plus they are a more "rare" type of car compared to the availability of outbacks and legacy's.

How you gonna be allergic to hippies and live in Grants Pass :-\

Any way a nice score none the less, I have been on the hunt for one of these for about 3 years, I have yet to still score mine...but I'm picky,

Most came in 5spd, I want Auto, Cruise, and A/C if it doesn't have those then I don't bother looking...plus they are a more "rare" type of car compared to the availability of outbacks and legacy's.

There's 2 silver auto OBSs for sale in Oregon that I know of right now. Not sure about options, but one is salvage title for $2850, and the other is clean at a dealership for $4800