Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Goat Owner from Iowa

Dennis's brown wagon still running fine with the ea81 from ski wagon in it.

My Brat is non lifted now, running, but with oil leak i need to addressm either rear main or else oil pan or ??

Ben's Guido is now lifted, but hanging out with McBrat, unknown to when or if it will be revived.

McBrat, where was he again.:-\

Edited by bheinen74

Thanks for the advice! I've already replaced the PCV and I'll look into an oil catch can.

Well... if it is carbed and it has a lot of Blown-by oil, I Kindly suggest you, beside cleaning the PCV, an oil Catch can placed between the Driver's side head hose and the Air filter Box.

Kind Regards.

have you looked at the front frame rails?

normally it is in bad taste to knock on anyone personally, not doing that, but there are a few threads we arleady discussed this car long before you bought it, threads of seeing it posted for sale and we all had out own opinions, mostly that is was a rusty hunk of steel.

Thanks for the advice! I've already replaced the PCV and I'll look into an oil catch can.

You're Welcome!

I Placed one of those on my BumbleBeast, here's the Thread, it Might help you:

http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118239&page=3

You'll need to highlight the Yellow text to make it readable... I Hope it will be fixed soon.

(Explanation about that, here)

Kind Regards.

have you looked at the front frame rails?

normally it is in bad taste to knock on anyone personally, not doing that, but there are a few threads we arleady discussed this car long before you bought it, threads of seeing it posted for sale and we all had out own opinions, mostly that is was a rusty hunk of steel.

You're right - lots of rust and the frame rails are in pretty sad shape. I didn't know anything about these cars before I bought it, just thought it would make a good winter car - and it's handled the snow pretty good today. But I know more about my car now thanks to you guys and I do appreciate it.

I guess if I got screwed, I'll just take it as a lesson learned. I did talk him down quite a bit though (not down to $400, unfortunately).

Look, the goat dont worry about it. These are good cars, and if worse comes to worse some guys on here would buy some of the parts off of you. Just use it for what it is and youll be ok. You will find with some maintenance they will last a long time, even with a finikey carb. Look into some of the upgrades you can do and go from there.

seller was asking like 2100 for a car we normally see sell for 400 bucks, rusty hunk. I crushed one that the body was like 50 times nicer on.

Do you have a link to the old thread? From those recent pictures, it sure looks like it's worth a heck of a lot more than $400 to me...