Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wrong plugs wires and coil pack??? maybe??

first thing i did when i bought this car was a typical tune up but i had no idea there were certain plugs and wires and coil pack for subarus. all i did was go to autozone and told him my modle car and year.

plz if you let me know what is the best plugs wires and coil pack

for 1995 subaru legacy l 2.2 fwd id rlly appreciate it ive searched forums and google. i just dont want the plugs to blow up or something.

What brand of plugs and wires did you get?

The cheap NGK plugs are best. I've had good luck wIth cheap wires from AutoZone. I've got about 80,000 miles on my current wires. Some people will tell you to get OEM wires.

It won't blow up. What issues are you having?

They 2.2 usually isn't overly sensative to plug wires.

NGK plugs. I believe like BKR6E-11's or something. I get the ones withhte green writing on them for 2 bucks. WOrk best for me it seems.

Often exotic plugs will get you into trouble - top of mind in this category Bosch Platinums.

im not 100% sure of the plugs that i got since i did them when i first got the car

but i just bought this coil cause this morning it was shooting a spark out of one of the female in ports.

the wires are 7mm sillicone suppression cable SAE class e autolite pro series premium post-41170-136027653015_thumb.jpg

post-41170-136027653024_thumb.jpg

The most recent 94 legacy i got, someone thru some crap autostore plug wires on it, and there were a couple ends that wouldn't "snap/click" onto the end of the plug right. In fact, when i went to look at the car, the owner before me said it had a miss. I looked, saw the new "junk" plug wires on it, and snapped the one end on the plug, it cleared the miss up. Then a few days later, same thing happened under my ownership, plug wirecomes off the spark plug.

Go with NGK plugs, and either OEM plug wires, or NGK plug wires.

And I have had a few other legacy's that had some junk wires on it, and would get some hesitation and not spectacular mileage. Change the wires to oem used even, no issues.

I am one who scavenges for the cars people have problems with, then put them back to stock for stuff like plugs and wires, and then they run good again. Then I sell them and do it all over again. I see many Legacy's with crap autostore wires on them. buy them cheap when they misfire and run poor.

On my 2.2s I have Standard Ignition and Car-quest house brand wires and both have no problems. Both have the plain jane stock NGK BKR5E11-S (or whatever that code is) standard copper plugs that the owners manual recommends.

The 2.2s aren't as picky about plug wires as the 2.5s are, but that doesn't mean the cheapo X-act or Autozone brand wires will be fine. You get what you pay for.

The most recent 94 legacy i got, someone thru some crap autostore plug wires on it, and there were a couple ends that wouldn't "snap/click" onto the end of the plug right. In fact, when i went to look at the car, the owner before me said it had a miss. I looked, saw the new "junk" plug wires on it, and snapped the one end on the plug, it cleared the miss up. Then a few days later, same thing happened under my ownership, plug wirecomes off the spark plug.

Go with NGK plugs, and either OEM plug wires, or NGK plug wires.

And I have had a few other legacy's that had some junk wires on it, and would get some hesitation and not spectacular mileage. Change the wires to oem used even, no issues.

I am one who scavenges for the cars people have problems with, then put them back to stock for stuff like plugs and wires, and then they run good again. Then I sell them and do it all over again. I see many Legacy's with crap autostore wires on them. buy them cheap when they misfire and run poor.

do you have any wires for sale? im going to go get the ngk plugs tomaro but wat about the coil is thnat one ok. the one that was sparking was a diamond.. this new one was 100$

and i guess since i get payed 8/hr atm 40$ doesnt seam cheap to me lol.

Edited by amill

Always keep the original parts. Sometimes, the new stuff aftermarket is worse than old cruddy looking oem stuff, and it is beneficial to have old used oem stuff to try.

Coil packs, well, it is probably fine, but WAY overpriced, can you get your money back on it?

your diamond pack is most likely just fine. Your plug wires, well get ngk or oem, and yes NGK V power standard copper.