Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What to sell brat for?

I have a 84 Brat a friend of mine at work wants to buy, but I'm trying to figure out a decent deal. Paid 1400$, but I know I'm not getting that. It has a shell. It has a weber carb that will not idle correctly, hard to cold start. Needs front cv boots replaced. Needs trans work, clutch, has rust, needs paint, and wiring work. The guy is trying to trade me a Korg Kaossilator(400$ dj tool) and 250$ cash. What do you guys think?

If you need/want the Korg that might be ok. I think you could part it out for more but not everyone has the facility to do that. Its likely got a scrap value of at least 350 without taking anything off it. Im not sure you could get $200 for the topper the market isn't that great in the midwest for one last I tried.

Decided to go ahead with the deal, and now the guy I sold it to has realized what he's gotten himself into and wants to get rid of it... So I think I made the right choice lol. I'm no DJ, more or less a music bs'er. I just loving making random chill beats, and I play guitar/bass. I've been into music a lot longer than cars so I've decided to get away from cars since I've learned what I've wanted to and continue focusing on music and I'm into stuff like OTT, Shpongle, Bassnectar, but I do play a lot of metal as well. The kaossilator is just awesome I can't put it down.

Edited by c0r3f1ght3r
forgot info