Ultimate Subaru Message Board

its been a while since the last one.....

shuffbag

well its been a while since my last ej swap in to a ea bodied car and my latest stripped loom doesnt seem to be working.

i have sparkand the fuel pump is activating, the engine/loom/ecu all came from a 91 liberty that i drove for 2 weeks before being removed. so i know they run.

my loom i think is missing grounds, i only have the one ground from main ignition relay. shouldnt i have more? or something else tied in?

this is not including the grounds from the smaller of the 3 main engine plugs.

any ideas?

this is in my 85 vortex, that was ea82 fwd and is now ej22 awd. just waiting on a shortened tailshaft (getting cut and balanced as we type) and this darn engine wiring!

Did you cut the yellow wire that goes to the Coil from the Ig. relay?

The way those early harnesses are laid out, that yellow wire is easy to cut accidentally.

no, i have spark so its not power related. im thinking the ecu might not be grounding the injectors? im trying to figure were it grounds are sourced from.

the relay is clicking and sending power to it, i have connected the green plugs a felt the pump running. i might try hard wiring the pump, but could there be anything else in regards to the no starting?

is there no other ground that need to be connected/added other than the one from the main relay?

There's the grounds on the intake manifold driver side, it's part of the engine harness. Besides that check to make sure every sensor is plugged in, considering it was running previous to pulling it's not like you should have a dead injector or anything severe in-between.

haha i tryed to find noid lights today, didnt find any so i ordered a set and bought a fuel pressure gauge. T'ed it in and guess what no pressure.chased the problem right back to the pump. it clicks but doesnt pump.blocked somewhere.

from the lines to the engine from the pump are clear. fuel flows from the tank in the first bit hose, so its blocked because of the pump. :cool:

if i can find a replacement pump today (sunday) fingers crossed it will start.