Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t jolting and bad mpg

my 87 rx runs almost good now until i get on the freeway. when the engines warm the check engine light comes on and if i go faster than 55 it jolts real bad and my boost gauge shows right on zero and the turbo spools and in 5th gear, when i floor it the boost goes to 9psi instantly and takes off quick and doesn't cut out if im accelerating even a little, the car gets real bad mpg like 15-20ish and about 175 per tank. the car rolls freely and nothing seems to be hanging up, i can even cruse in 1st gear and and rpm above 3k it jolts, pops, and spudders, unless i get on it and it gets full boost by 2k rpm i adjusted the tps to get best vacuum which is about 18psi at idle so what could this be? Im going ej real soon but i wanna know whats up with it

14 - Injectors 1 and 2

21 - Coolant Temperature Sensor or Circuit

22 - Knock Sensor or Circuit

23 - Air Flow Meter or Circuit

24 - Air Control

Start by checking all the electrical connectors to make sure they're plugged in properly. Then disconnect the battery and way about 10 minutes for the ECU to clear the memory, reconnect and see what codes come back.

CTS is usually because the connector on it is corroded and making a poor connection. I recently had to replace mine along with the connector as they were green from corrosion.