Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question about my loyale

hey guys i have a 90 loyale with the 1.8t in it, car has 55k original miles and is in good shape, i replaced lim gaskets and coolant hoses and radiator, well my head gasket went and i parked the car and now i want to get rid of it, how much would you guys think would be a good price to get rid of it? or is parting it better?

If its pretty rust free, and the underbody is solid (No holes) I would list it for $1,000 and work you way down to no lower then $800, This is just a guess, not seeing the vehicle.

An HG on the EA82 are pretty easy, and chances are the head is perfectly fine, no warpage.

Its really up to you what your bottom dollar is.

-Tom

WOW! Thats really clean inside and out, I personally would list it for $1,300 and work my way down a little if needed. You should be able to get a decent price for that, even with a bad HG.

I know if I was local, I would definitely check it out.

Good luck on the sale!

Are you sure it's a headgasket and not a leaking intake manifold gasket? Is exhaust burbling out the radiator cap, or is coolant steam coming out the tailpipe?

That's actually a really nice car. It's got the 4eat, which is a much better transmission than the earlier 3at, and it's in remarkably good shape inside and out. It would be worth fixing.